My Classroom

My Classroom

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Mom, I Think I Have The Diabetes"

        So, today I want to share a story that a parent told me.  I am going to called him C, and even though his mom tells me his embarrassing stories all the time he never seems to get embarrassed.  I love that quality about him.
       His mom explained to me that she has diabetes, and C is aware of this.  They have quite a long commute to school, and one day on the way home C had to use the bathroom.  Now if you have ever had experience with a five year old you know that usually when they have to go it is urgent.  Therefore, his mom decided to stop at a gas station to avoid any disasters.  When C came out of the bathroom he was looking a little grim.  When his mom asked him what was wrong he said quietly, "I think I have the diabetes".  His mom was a little confused, and asked him why he might think that.  He told her that when he went to the bathroom it was really runny (TMI I know).  C's mom looked at him and trying to hold back a laugh she responded, "Oh you have diarrhea".  of course he replies, "yeah that's what I said".

Something To Look For In Next Weeks Post:

       Every pre-k classroom has a theme to it, and when I started in my classroom it had sort of a mismatched jungle theme.  However, we have been working really hard to transform it into a Dr. Seuss room.  Let me tell you this is a slow and steady project that you rarely find time for, but we are hoping to have it completed in time to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday.  I will have pictures of the progress to share soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment