My Classroom

My Classroom

Thursday, February 17, 2011

"I Have A Baby!"

No, I did not have a baby, but this is what I heard when I came into school this morning.  One of my students is now a big brother, and when he came into school today he could hardly contain himself.  We were singing our morning song, when he about exploded with the news.  He then went on to explain, “The doctor made magic, and the baby came out.”  I love to hear how children explain the miracle of child birth.  Another thing he told me was, “mommy and baby are living in the hospital alone.”  I know this sounds sad, but the reason he said this was he had to stay with a family friend while everyone else was in the hospital.  I love when students get new siblings, however, it usually causes them to somewhat alter their behavior.  I’ll keep you posted on the big brother progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment