My Classroom

My Classroom

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Class Visits

So, anyone who has ever taught knows that at anytime during any day random people can walk into your room, and their observations while they are there may or may not be detrimental to your job.  Well as we are getting into the second part of the year we are having more and more visits from these wonderful guests, and usually to make sure the students behave I will tell them the company is there to observe them and see if they are ready for kindergarten (a little deceptive I know, but it works).  Anyway, today we had I visitor come to observe Mr. tantrum whom I talked about yesterday, but while she was there you know she could not resist observing me as well.  I mean I live for this pressure I guess.  Today did not go to bad though, and I think I did a pretty great job at keeping my cool considering we have had approximately four different visitors in the past week.  By the time we made it to nap time I was feeling pretty good, and all but two of my students were sleeping (those two hardly ever sleep). The guest was talking to me about who knows what when all of the sudden there was a loud crash.  We went over to see what it was, and here one of the non-sleepers had knocked a toy off the shelf.  However, the priceless part of the story was the look on the little boys face when he saw that woman walk over there.  His exact words were, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry that fell".  Let's just say my class knows how to behave when there are other people in the room.  Not that I should really be complaining, though, because I do have a pretty well behaved group of students this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment