My Classroom

My Classroom

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dr Seuss Theme

I know I said I would post pics of my new Dr. Seuss theme so here they are...

This is our Birthday wall.  I put the cake up with contact paper, and then wrote on the name with dry erase so they can be changed out every year.  I also always hang up pics of their parties they have in class.

This is one of my favorites, the helping hands chart.  I used pics of the fish from The Cat In The Hat, and each one is a different job.  The students get a new job each week, and it teaching them a sense of responsibility and being a part of a group.

These are for their individual art work.  Each student has one of these hanging somewhere around the room with their name and picture.  When they complete art work in the class they can do one of two things with it.  1. they can put it in their take-home-folder, or 2. They can hang it on their place with the clothe pin that is already there.  


These are the signs for the bathrooms...obviously.


My Room has almost a whole wall of cabinets that are kind of a creamy color.  The pic above is what we did to the bottom cabinets under the sink.  It's fun, and we'e had a lot of comments on them from people coming into the class.

Here is what we did to the cabinets above the sink.  This way we can frame some of the art work the students do, and it is easy to change it out often.  They are always wanting me to put their art work up here.

We had a blank wall in the library, and my assistant came up with this idea.  She put up covers of some of our favorite books, and I think it turned out really cute.


These are a few quotes that we put up around the room.

We are still adding a few finishing touches, and I will add updates on those as they come.  

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment