My Classroom

My Classroom

Friday, February 4, 2011

"I'm The Man"

In my home living center of the classroom I have a large container that contains our beauty salon prop box.  The students love this as they are able to pretend with straighteners, curlers, shampoo bottles, and various types of empty make up containers.  They love having one person sit in a chair as if they were in a salon, and will often even use the sink to act like they are washing one anothers hair.  This is very popular with many of the girls as they have either been to the salon or see their moms use many of the items.  However, the boys also find this prop box intriguing, and are often using it as well.  They sometimes take a flat object and act like they are shaving someone's head.  Today there were two boys taking turns being the beautician, and this is the conversation that I heard between them,
"Can I have a turn" one boy said to the boy who was setting up a straightener to do someone's hair.
"No, you have to be the man to do this."
"Am I the man? Can I do it now?"
"No, only I am the man, okay? I am the man!"

I am not sure where he heard this,but it made me crack up a little before I reminded him that we had to share.

The End Of Our Winter Theme:


These are class books that we made -





The first contained activities that they do in the snow such as snowball fights, sledding, and snow angels.  The second book was a follow up to a discussion we had on hibernation, and the made various animals that live in cold places, hibernate, or go somewhere worm during the winter.  The class really enjoys making class book, and they love seeing it all put together after they each create a page.


Sewing Mittens - 


The students threaded these paper mittens all by themselves, and it was a great winter activity to work on hand/eye coordination.  


Our theme for next week is tools, and machines  We will also be preparing for valentines day, and I will have a few fun ideas to share in dealing with that.




I hope everyone has a great weekend, 


Lisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment